Our Expresso Original Oak flooring is created using the best authentic aged weathered lumber salvaged from various old structures and barns throughout North America. As a flagship product offering remarquable cachet and strength, our oak flooring is composed of aged to perfection flooring as a result of over 100 years of natural weathering. It is a sought after reclaimed antique wood flooring, known to be used in busy corridors and wherever pets are near.
- Check out our Shop Online section to see what qualifies for free shipping!
- For International Shipping, please call us! We ship all over the world.
We recommend installation by a qualified professional contractor.
Although our wood is kiln dried for maximum stability, all reclaimed wood must be acclimated in the space where it will be installed prior to being installed
. The acclimation time varies in different geographic locations, however 1 – 2 weeks is recommended.
SOLID WOOD FLOORING:
- Subfloor: We recommend exterior grade plywood in a 5/8”-3/4” thickness. Make sure your subfloor and any other materials such as a concrete slab or joists are also acclimated. There should not be more than a 4% variation between the moisture content of your floor and the subfloor materials at the time of installation. If you are installing over a slab, we recommend two 1/2” layers of plywood screwed together. If your height allowance prohibits this method, please call us so we can advise you of your different options.
- Nail Down: Our 3/4” floors can be installed using a standard floor nailing machine that uses staples or cleat type nails.
Veser Antique Woods cannot and does not take any responsibility for installation issues or problems resulting from installation of any Veser Antique Woods products. This means that you accept full responsibility for such issues which can include lost labor, removal labor, reinstallation labor and/or materials for any reason including the following:
- Failure to properly inspect and reject material prior to installation.
- Failure to properly install various color and size mixes as recommended.
- Failure to use a licensed contractor.
One of the most desirable features of owning an antique wood floor is the rich, beautiful patina that has developed naturally over many years. In appreciation of this inherent beauty we recommend that you do not stain your floor. We will be happy to recommend a suitable natural finish to suit your specific needs.